Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Italiano Burger




Italiano Burgers

I had not planned to blog this burger, particularly because I had not taken many pictures, particularly of the process, but it turned out so well, I decided to write a mini-blog.  Enjoy!  This burger is pretty simple and full of delightful flavor. 

Ingredients:
1 pound ground sirloin
1 pound ground Italian sausage
1 package your favorite buns (I used onion buns)
1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil or, 10 leaves fresh basil, six kept for the burgers as greens, the other four finally chopped, halved

Two tablespoons of dried Italian Seasoning.  🌿🌿🌿

2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce 
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar  
2 cloves garlic, separated
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil +3 tablespoons

 πŸŒΏ Add the dried or fresh herbs to the meats, along with the salt and pepper, pepper flakes, tomato paste, half of the chopped garlic, the dried Italian seasoning and half of the finely chopped basil. Mix thoroughly. 

To a bowl, add the 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, half of the finely chopped garlic, the other half of the finely chopped basil, and the teaspoons of dried or fresh herbs.  Whisk well and set aside to allow the flavors to marry. 

Add the remaining three tablespoon of evoo to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Form the patties.  I have the meat in a bowl and I score it to the number of burgers (like a pie graph) I am making.  I made four large burgers.  

While waiting for the oil to ripple, making sure it is hot enough to fry in, I toasted the buns under the broiler. 

Add the burgers to the large skillet when the oil begins to ripple.  Leave the burgers alone for at least four minutes and enjoy the fragrance of the herbs as the burgers fry. Turn the burgers after four solid minutes and fry four more minutes. If you like your burgers well done, fry for six minutes per side over medium-high heat. Add mozzarella cheese to the burger tops once cooked on the second side and cover with a foil tent to melt the cheese. 

Remove the burgers and set aside. Open the toasted buns and put whatever condiments you wish. Add a drizzle of the herb sauce to the top and bottom of the burger and top with fresh basil leaves. 

Note the tangy herb sauce dripping off the burger. So flavorful!


The back side of the burger. OH look!  You can see me taking the picture below!  How embarrassing.  πŸ˜Š

I hope you enjoyed this recipe.  Sorry for the lack of procedural photos. I must get back into the practice of that, but as I had said, I had not planned to blog this.  It just turned out too nice not to.

Thank You for your time and consideration, as always.  Now, go cook for someone you love!

~Martin
In-House Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Over Noodles

  One Skillet Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry      Over Noodles This is one of those "people who know me Know I am obsessed over Chinese food&q...